I'll probably be absent on the 16th and 17th of October, and will not be able to answer messages. Apologies for the inconvenience.
If you're here because of vandalism, please post your message here. If you want to make a request for an album page, please post your message here. If you want to make a request for a song page, please post your message here. Past conversations
- 1 Sunflower Replay
- 2 Situation
- 3 OCTAHEDRON
- 4 Joshua Lie
- 5 Nocturne
- 6 NATURAL BORN DICTATOR
- 7 Commissioned Translations
- 8 Song of the puppeteer
- 9 RenP
- 10 Higher
- 11 Hello, I'm Sariva
- 12 Nicopedia links
- 13 Translation Guidelines
- 14 Duplicate page
- 15 Pan con Chocolate
- 16 COLOR by Nata-P
- 17 Pan con Chocolate
- 18 あいしていしょく
- 19 I'm Sariva
- 20 Chosen Fate
- 21 Title matches
- 22 Highway
- 23 Aruse Chika → arusechika
- 24 Pamela
- 25 Jazzman
https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/Sunflower*Replay Viewcounts aren't displaying in the songbox
- Fixed it. It's "#views", not "view".
I apologize for the trouble, but is it possible for you to add the licensing to this image? I'm unable to load the source editor on image pages.
Next time I'll probably just go to the Upload New File page instead of uploading straight to the song page, but (and I realize what a simple question this is) what do I input for "Destination filename"?
Thank you in advance.
- Since I was there, I added the licensing myself. Hope that's okay.
- I'm not sure I quite caught your question, but in "Destination filename" you should input the name the file is going to have on this wiki. When you choose a file it automatically fills up though.
- Hopefully I didn't misunderstand...?
- No, that's what I meant. Like I said, I've just been using the Mass Upload button to add images straight to the page, so I haven't used that form before.
- Thank you so much!
Thank you for helping out 25239x! Amandelen (talk) 06:59, 6 September 2021 (UTC)
Not sure if one letter is a big enough of a deal to change it, but i guess it does narrow it down if you search 'their name + vocaloid' on YT
- Should be moved now. Amandelen (talk) 06:59, 6 September 2021 (UTC)
https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/%E3%83%8E%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3_(Nocturne) https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturne,_My_Love https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturne/Alter-P
NATURAL BORN DICTATOR
Hello! A user took away the Questionable template to this song. Looking at the lyrics I think it's the warning warranted, but I thought that it'd be better to ask you first since I'm bad at figuring these kind of things out.
Hope you're doing well, sorry for the trouble!
Hello! Recently, a user said they hired someone to translate a few songs. Is this similar to the situation being discussed here? I don't think most producers have a problem with unauthorized text translations, or at least not enough of one to raise the issue, but I'm worried that it's pushing it if someone else is making a profit.
Additionally, the translator isn't credited in the documents. I'd ask the user to provide a name to credit them with, but I wanted to check first whether we could even use translations sourced in this way to begin with.
Thank you in advance.
Song of the puppeteer
https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/Song_Of_The_Puppeteer Found the korean title, the YT link auto translated the title so i couldn't copy the hangul
- Renamed the page. Amandelen (talk) 08:31, 20 September 2021 (UTC)
- I made the disambiguation.
Thank you MeaningfulUsername! Amandelen (talk) 13:22, 26 September 2021 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Sariva
I have no idea how this new format is and sorry if I messed up your page. But, I would like this of the wiki. https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/Revolution/Sariva
- I've deleted the page.
Thank you MeaningfulUsername! Amandelen (talk) 19:58, 29 September 2021 (UTC)
- My apologies for the wait. I'll run my bot tomorrow. I don't have time today for a big run like that anymore. Amandelen (talk) 19:59, 29 September 2021 (UTC)
Hi! I was looking at the Translation Guidelines and there were two things I think might need to be edited.
First, the homepage refers to it as the "Policy page," which is not only not the title of the page but doesn't fit with the rest of the links (Song Article Guideline, Album Article Guideline, Image Guideline). Do you have any objections to me changing the name of the link to "Translation Guidelines"?
Second, there's nothing in the guidelines explicitly prohibiting partial translations; I've been operating under the assumption that those aren't allowed here. I specifically ask because there's a user whose edits have largely consisted of attempts to translate just a couple lines/words, but there have been other times this has happened. Would it be worth it to have a new section under Unaccepted Translations explaining this?
If so, I'm thinking something like:
- Partial translations are not allowed on the Vocaloid Lyrics Wiki for a number of reasons. First, partial translations cannot be reviewed (since it's impossible to deem the whole song correctly translated or not when there are lines missing), and so we must automatically consider them inaccurate. Second, a song translation written over a long period of time by several users popping in and out would be nearly impossible to credit properly. Third, hosting partial translations would most likely lead to many more half-finished pages, which would confuse users.
- If you have a translation that you need to work on further before having it checked, do not add it to the page. Instead, you are welcome to create a blog post for it that you can edit as much as you like until it's ready for submission. Your user blog is located under the third tab on your user profile.
I apologize if I messed up the wording, or if I'm missing something and partial translations are allowed. Thank you in advance.
- I agree this is a good idea. I have suggested more succinct wording on Meaningful's talk page. ElectricRaichu (talk) 22:40, 28 September 2021 (UTC)
- They should be merged now! Amandelen (talk) 20:06, 29 September 2021 (UTC)
Pan con Chocolate
Hello! I hope you're doing well!
Someone brought up that the translation here isn't credited. I was wondering if you remember where you got it? I'm thinking it's an official one, but if it was in the video itself then it's gone now...
Sorry for the trouble! ><
COLOR by Nata-P
Pan con Chocolate
Hello! Again, hope you're doing well!
I forgot to ask you the first time around, sorry orz. But basically, someone thought the English translation should get checked because it sounds weird in English, and yeah, it has plenty of weirdly translated lines despite the Spanish lyrics not being like that at all.
I was wondering, am I allowed to correct it? And if I can, how should I do it? If I'm not mistaken, directly correcting grammar mistakes to official translations should be okay, but what about when the translated sentence is just weird? Should I take an approach similar to the one in DECO's Vampire?
- Alright! I've tried to see how many references would I need and it's something like 7~12 (I'm unsure on 5). I'm thinking 12 is exactly the point where both replacing the translations and adding references work the same, so I'm not sure which of the two should I do haha... What do you think?
- Besides that, I also wanted to ask you about some parts I'm unsure of... They sound a little weird in English to me but I can't tell if it's just a me thing and they're well expressed, or if they're in fact translated too literally and should have some notes about it. (Please don't feel forced to answer if you're busy though! ><)
- Does "Ask (for) asylum" in English have the same meaning as "ask for shelter"? That's what it should mean.
- There's some lines that say "Now I wonder, how did I like you? / If as a couple you are a disaster ...", this should be the singer wondering how did they ever like the listener when they're such a terrible boyfriend. If I'm not mistaken, "couple" in English can't be used to refer to one of the two persons making it up, right? And is "if" a correct usage here, or should "when" be used instead? (Somehow "if" doesn't sound good to me...)
- "To speak in Chinese" is a common expression in Spanish meaning "to say things that are hard to understand/completely foreign to the person listening". Does "It seems that I speak Chinese" carry the same feel? (This should be the singer thinking that they must be "speaking Chinese" because the listener is ignoring what they say).
- "your deceptions and lies, every night, every day, / will achieve that I slowly reject you ..." Does "achieve" here sound good? This should mean something like "(...) will make me slowly reject you"
- How does "I was your bread and chocolate, / Now you missed it (...)" sound? "Tú te lo perdiste" means kind of the same as "It's your loss", but I'm not sure if "Now you missed it" means that too...
- I think those are all. Thank you for always taking the time to lend me a hand! ^^
Sorry if I'm butting in, but I think I can help with these questions.
- "Ask asylum" isn't used; "ask for asylum" makes sense, but "seek asylum" is more common. However, "asylum" is more formal than "shelter". You don't see it used much outside of the legal sense, and generally one doesn't seek asylum from a single person. I'm looking at the RAE definition for "asilo" and the whole third sense pretty much never applies to the English word "asylum".
- You're right that "couple" always refers to both people. "If" is fine here, assuming I'm correct in interpreting it as "Now I wonder, if you're such a disaster when we're a couple, how did I like you?" "When" would also be fine, but I'd avoid it if you're going to rephrase "como pareja" in a way that also uses "when".
- There's an English saying "it's all Greek to me" that means basically the same thing. (I know that link says "it's all Chinese to me" is synonymous, but I asked some people and they've also never heard that used in English.) In this case, it would be "It seems that what I say is all Greek to you."
- "Achieve" doesn't sound right there. "Make me" is more correct; "get me to" would also work.
- "Now you missed it" doesn't really mean the same thing as "it's your loss"; "you missed your bread with chocolate" honestly sounds more like it should be using "extrañar". I think "now you've missed out" might work. It's similar in meaning to "it's your loss". (I know the original is in simple past, not present perfect, but the latter sounds better in English with "now".)
I hope that helps, and I apologize for any errors or if I'm overexplaining anything you knew already.
- It's alright, don't worry!
- And thank you! All of what you've said is really helpful!
- As for 2, that's pretty much it! Though the singer is using "pareja" as English's partner rather than English's couple; it looks like the author translated a bit too literally here and didn't realize "couple" is used differently. Sorry if my wording lead to some confusion here ><
- But yeah! I'll try correcting it with references first and if you think it looks unwiedly, I'll rework it into a translation. Thank you again!
Thank you for the help MeaningfulUsername! Amandelen (talk) 09:06, 3 October 2021 (UTC)
Hi! Guest made a post regarding translations for their songs and the gist of it is that, except for subbed videos, they're okay. But they also said that if the song was deleted, one should delete the translation as well. Currently the only unavailable song the wiki hosts is Aishiteishoku and it also has a translation, so what should we do?
Since Guest really doesn't seem to like their deleted songs to be public, I've been wondering if the page itself should be deleted... What do you think? ><
- It's alright, I don't think I've seen them specifically say it, that's just the impression I got haha. But still, thank you so much for the help!
Hello, again. I would like this off the wiki. https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/Cinderella,_Fellow,_Palo
- I've deleted it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWyRzmrC8I8 Chinese ver
- I'll add it. Amandelen (talk) 16:46, 7 October 2021 (UTC)
Hello! I hope you're doing well!
I made some song pages that have the same title as some producers, but I'm not sure if I should change the "John Doe" and "13" redirects to the respective disambiguation pages or if I should leave them be...
- Yeah, this is kind of inconsistent. Of the song/producer doubles I can think of:
- Which of these should be changed?
- I also hope you're doing well.
Hi! I'll answer here since it seems most convenient. I'm doing quite well, just a bit busy irl still ^^;. Thank you for asking! I hope you guys are also doing well.
I think the general rule is (or at least should be) that the redirect should go to the disambiguation, as it will lead users to a page with all of their possible options for that specific title/name. The only exception is when there's a VOCALOID with the name of the redirect (e.g. flower, MEIKO), in which case the redirect should link to the VOCALOID category. Most of the redirects I've worked on should follow that rule, but I might have missed some as it can be hard to keep track of them ^^;. Either way the redirects that are mentioned here should be according to the rules now. Hope this helps! Amandelen (talk) 11:39, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- It helps, thank you! ^^
Thanks for clearing that up!
Aruse Chika → arusechika
Hello! Maranaaa created romaji for illustrator アルセチカ as "Aruse Chika". But I've noticed on their blog, it was "arusechika". If you don't mind, could replace it with the bot? Thank you in advance!--Kzzoldyck (talk) 11:21, 14 October 2021 (UTC)
https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/%E3%83%91%E3%83%A1%E3%83%A9_(Pamela) composer name redirects to a song
- It's been fixed.
Thank you MeaningfulUsername! Amandelen (talk) 06:33, 15 October 2021 (UTC)
First time I've done a page for a Vocaloid/Cevio duet. Would you be able to check Jazzman for me? It's also a Japanese/English bilingual song so it has ended up with a lot of bold text. Any ideas about making it look better? ElectricRaichu (talk) 09:13, 17 October 2021 (UTC)